Grand Opening of the National Reference Center for Mycobacteria (NRC)
After 5 years of planning and construction, our new state-of-the-art laboratory building, the National Reference Center for Mycobacteria, has been completed.
We are very happy and thankful and would like to take the opportunity to celebrate this together with you with an official opening ceremony and our symposium "Diagnostic mycobacteriology: the path to 2030." with fantastic national and international speakers.
The event will be hybrid with limited capacity on site and the possibility to participate remotely.
DATE: 10th June 2022, 11am – 5:30 pm
LOCATION: Research Center Borstel Leibniz Lung Center
11am Opening ceremony
12am Welcome Reception / Lunch
From 12:30am Guided tours of the new building
1.30pm – 5pm Symposium "Diagnostic mycobacteriology: the path to 2030" (on site and online)
PROGRAM SYMPOSIUM (hybrid)
- 13:30pm: Opening remarks
- 13:45pm: Global TB commitments, strategy and targets, Dr Alexei Korobitsyn, Global TB Program, World Health Organiszation (WHO)
- 14:15pm: International collaboration in the TB diagnostic sector: real-world experiences by three of our partners, Dr. Mareli Claasens (Namibia), Dr. Nazia Khursheed (Pakistan) Dr. Olha Konstantynovska (Ukraine)
- 14:45pm: The TB diagnostic pipeline - What to expect in the future, Dr. Morten Ruhwald, Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND)
- 15:45pm: Genomic diagnostics and surveillance of drug-resistant tuberculosis, Prof. Stefan Niemann
- 16:15pm: Identification, susceptibility testing and typing of nontuberculous mycobacteria: Where do we stand and where do we need to go? Prof. Florian Maurer
- 16:45pm: Closing remarks and Farewell
click here to participate online: