The BBRS offers a competitive education and research program in English with outstanding scientific training for doctoral candidates.
Our research areas include:
- microbial structural biology
- molecular & cellular infection biology and immunology
- infections of the lung with the focus on Tuberculosis
- asthma & allergy
- pneumological research
Doctoral candidates greatly benefit from:
- dedicated mentoring
- comprehensive training in science
- workshops, retreats, conferences
- courses in transferable skills
The program of the BBRS allows each graduate to tailor their education to meet their own needs and interests, providing them with the best possible preparation for their future careers.
The BBRS is embedded in the stimulating interdisciplinary environment of the Borstel Research Center at the heart of the north German research triangle of Lübeck, Kiel and Hamburg.
How to enter the BBRS? Please visit the RCB website for available PhD positions or send an unsolicited application directly to the research group of interest. All accepted graduates automatically enter the BBRS program. Applications from excellent graduates of all nationalities are welcome.