Priority Research Area Infections
Molecular and Experimental Mycobacteriology
- Standardized culture systems for investigation of clinical M. tuberculosis complex isolates.
- Standardized methods for isolation of genomic DNA, RNA and intracellular protein.
- Molecular tools for analyses of genomic DNA and RNA (Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, Southern Blot, PCR, Real Time PCR, DNA-Sequencing, Microarray)
- Genotyping of M. tuberculosis complex isolates by:
- Mycobacterial Interspersed Repetitive Units Variable Number Repeats (MIRU-VNTR)-typing
- Analysis of Large Sequence Polymorphisms (Regions of Difference)
- Analysis of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs)
- Gene expression analysis of M. tuberculosis complex isolates by:
- Real-Time PCR
- Whole genome expression profiling
- Generation of M. tuberculosis mutants (S3)
- Bioinformatic analysis and storage of typing data by using the Bionumerics software
- Bioinformatic analysis of DNA sequence data by using different software packages (SeqScape, Lasergene, GenDB)